Food Industry Support:
Grace Now is pleased to accept highly nutritious food products from manufacturers, wholesalers, retailer, distributors, restaurants, farmers or other food industry businesses.
Grace Now accepts items that have not reach expiration. This includes:
- Fresh produce
- Frozen foods
- Shelf-stable product
- Food related inventory from promotions, seasonal merchandise, and national or private-label products.
- Excess food products from trade shows.
The Foodbank cannot accept:
- Product that has been thawed.
- Product removed from its original packaging.
- Repackaged or opened product.
- Prepared food that has been exposed to public self-service.
Safety and Liability:
All food donations are handled in compliance with food safety handling procedures. Every donation is inspected for integrity prior to distribution.
The Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Act, signed into law by President Clinton in 1996, releases all food donors from liability if the product was given in good faith at the time of donation.
Business Tax Deduction:
Grace Now provides receipts for all donations… Business should consult with their tax advisors as well as visit the IRS website for more information on tax deductions for charitable donations.
Grace Now sincerely thanks the many food donors who have make it possible to feed hungry children, families and seniors every day in the community. Grace Now is especially appreciative of its Major Food Donors this past year:
- Panera Bread